Monday, December 21, 2009

How do I recover the costs of damage to my new car created by a local auto wash business?

My factory rims are considerably gouged. The auto wash manager implied that the wash wasn't responsible, due to the force required to create such gouges. I'm the kind of person who notices each new stone chip, no one else drives the car, and the damage did not happen while I was driving it. The manager and I reviewed the suspected point of impact together and found the plastic guarding broken off in one area ( a lot of force required for that). I still don't have the official word, but I suspect they won't take responsibility. What should I do?How do I recover the costs of damage to my new car created by a local auto wash business?
Find out if they're bonded or insured which any good business would be. Then submit a claim under that coverage. Deal with the management and ';small claims court'; will work if you have a good case and good proof (photos, records etc) The only way around ';their word against yours'; is to force them to inspect the car before it goes through the car wash and have them sign a statement that they saw no damage. This is what you do at a car rental agency when you sign the contract. You have to go out and look the car over to make sure there's no damage before you rent it.How do I recover the costs of damage to my new car created by a local auto wash business?
Most car washes that I have frequented have a sign that states they are not responsible for damage to tires and rims due to interference problems with custom/aftermarket alloy wheels. You can try small claims court but don't expect much if you cannot prove the damage was deliberate. I also find it kind of strange that someone who cares as much for their car would subject it to a commercial carwash facility. My work truck goes though the 'wash' but NEVER my car.
first thing the car wash is not responible for most damage most of the time sorry but you should hand was any car and little chance of the washer messing up your wheels... move on wash by hand
If the first 2 answers fail to satisfy you take them to Small Claims Court

No comments:

Post a Comment