Monday, December 21, 2009

Do you think those spray-on/rinse-off wax in auto car washes really work?

Has anyone seen any REAL difference on their cars (like water beading up) after driving through one of these wax washes? I always just use the basic wash because I'm quite skeptical that anything sprayed on and rinsed off could possibly stick to the car at all.Do you think those spray-on/rinse-off wax in auto car washes really work?
I've been driving a long while. From my experience, yes, the wax from those sprayers will bead water. However, it doesn't last long, and if you get it on the car's glass, it leaves a film that takes a while to get off.





While I don't work for any company that makes waxes, over the years, I've tried a number of products, from Mothers Gold, to Nu-Finish. I've learned that no product can really guarantee that it will truly last a year unless your car is garage kept 90% of the time. I used to love the Nu-Finish commercials, but after trying it on an older car that was kept outside most of the time, I didn't notice enough difference to justify their claims. For a while though it did look nice.





Currently, I do a great wash and wax on my car every spring and fall. Right now I use Meguiar's Gold liquid wax (shake the bottle when you use it though,) and then once or twice a month, I touch it up with the Meguiar's NXT Spray Wax. This is a nice touch up wax that sprays on a dry car and gives it a few weeks of looking like a fresh wax job again. It's easy to use, and is found about everywhere, Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Advance, etc.





Another good line that I like and my father swears by is the Eagle One Nano-tech stuff. It looks great and goes on easy. I find that it wears off way too fast for my tastes though. I don't want to have to re-wax my car (even if it is easy) every 3-4 weeks. I want to be able to just hit the rough spots and be done with it. This is also easy to find just about anywhere.





A detailer once told me he used to use motor oil (new) on his cars and buff that in before a coat of wax. This ensured a great shine, and good water beading.





Regardless of what you choose to use, I don't recommend the car wash waxes. They don't last long, and they are a pain to get off of your car's glass surfaces.Do you think those spray-on/rinse-off wax in auto car washes really work?
They do not work, especially a drive thru car wash. You are actually stripping away your car's wax as all the brushes on the automatic car wash are spinning at high speeds and can eventually dull your paint.





Please try not to take your car to the automatic car washes. They do more harm than good.
Sure they work, it's more of how well they work. It's a thin coat to say the least, and will probably only last a week or two. Where if you do a good wax job by hand it can last a couple months.
No there not that good ,I gree with you.
Doesn't last more than a few days.





There is no replacement for good old fashioned hand waxing in the driveway. And even that lasts only a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment