Monday, December 21, 2009

Can you take a convertible through an auto car wash?

I have a Mister Car wash pass and I just bought an Audi Convertible want to know if the car wash does damage to the top. What would u do?Can you take a convertible through an auto car wash?
don't take your convertible or any car to an auto car wash.





wash it yourself





they scratch and damage the paint.





and yes your top will leak sooner or later





don't speed up the process by using a car wash.Can you take a convertible through an auto car wash?
Yes, many people drive their car through the car wash. It shouldn't hurt anything but be prepared that you might get water leaking in past the weatherstrips. If they have one of those super high speed blowers at the end to dry off your car, it is too strong of a wind for the weatherstrips to seal off the water from coming in. I know, I used to work in the dealership service department and people used to bring their convertible cars in saying they leak when they go through the car wash. The cars are designed to seal off water from rain but it's not under high pressure like the car wash water is.
Just make sure they see that it's a convertible coming in. They'll hit the control to lift the brush that usually does they top so there won't be any damage. If it's a unit without an attendant I wouldn't use it unless it has a provision on the control panel for convertibles.
I wouldn't be as concerned about the wash part as I would about going under the giant blow dryer at the end......
i never had any convertible tops damaged in car washes.
I would keep the top up.
I wouldn't think so, it gets rained on doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment